Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh the great Backyard...


I used to subscribe to Sunset magazine & loved it, then it ran out and between Dwell and Domino, I just pretty much forgot about how much I completely enjoyed the articles, tips and down-to-earth California style that comes across every page. Granted, I could only dream about some of the featured spaces/homes/gardens/recipes...but that is what it's all about anyways, right?
So, upon renewing my subscription (missing that Domino and needing a bit of a replacement fix) I strolled through the pages online to get some summer inspiration and planting info.

This Phoenix backyard looking out to Camelback Mountain is a dreamscape...the fiberglass chairs are secured on that top step of the pool and does it get any more tranquil than looking out onto all those agaves, red yucca, creosote bush, saguaros, and palo verde.

Which brings me to my ever blooming succulent garden...pics to come another day.


Have a dreamy day!